Lagardère- Travel Retail
When you are at Schiphol airport and want to take a small typically Dutch souvenir home you’ll be shopping
at Dutch Discoveries. All of their products have the typical Dutch look, even their bags.
Dutch Discoveries is part of the company Lagardère- Travel Retail. The company is focused on the environment and is very transparent with their manufacturing process. For a long time, you would get a paper bag with the products that you bought at Dutch Discoveries. But that is changing. You will receive a plastic bag when you shop at Dutch Discoveries from now on. But why a plastic bag when the company wants to preserve the environment?
The bag that you will receive is made out of plastic factory waste. By using recycled plastic there is almost no need to use new materials and you can limit the
factory waste. Beside that this material will last just as long and is as strong as new plastic.
Even though plastic bags have a relatively bad reputation these days, they are not always that bad. Bags made out of paper on the other hand are known for
being a lot better for our planet, but they are not always better:
- The use of water is way less during the production of a plastic bag.
- Less offset by transport, because of the lower volume than paper bags.
- Paper bags can be recycled up to 2 times while plastic bags can be recycled for as many times as you want.
The options that FF-PACKAGING is offering.
FF-PACKAGING offers 2 different materials made out of recycled plastic.
- Post-costumer waste (material will be yellow/creamy colour and the structure of the recycled plastic is very rough).
- Industrial waste (material looks more or less as virgin(new) plastic, and the structure of the material is more equal to new plastic bags).
The advantage of recycled plastic is that we use a minimum of 80% recycled material for the production of these bags. When people throw away the bag, the material can be 100% recycled. This makes the plastic bag a 100% cradle to cradle product.
For more information and opportunities, you can contact us.